Championing engineering is what sets us apart.
Prioritising value-engineering is how we’ve built our business. That’s why we are now working to train the next generation of ground and soil engineers.
We’re passionate about devising and constructing solutions that evolve the nature of our industry. We achieve these solutions for our clients by investing in engineering talent.
For several years we have operated a graduate engineer training scheme. The scheme sees young recent graduates in related fields given real on-site experience in delivering engineered solutions.
We help our graduate site engineers gain the qualifications needed to build a career in ground engineering and construction. In particular, we work towards providing SSSTS or SMSTS training for all our engineers over the course of the programme. We’re also striving to incorporate a pathway towards membership of the industry body and Engineering Council recognition into the training programme.
Engineers gain skills in key areas of our business:
- Testing and verification. Engineers will cover all of our key tests over the course of their programme. Learn m ore about our testing programme.
- Stabilised solutions. Engineers will explore the soil stabilisation technology – including our patented use of its combined effect when used with dynamic compaction.
- Dynamic compaction. Engineers will play a key role in the delivery of these forms of compaction – some of our core technologies.
- Surveying. Engineers will develop an understanding of construction, structural and volumetric drawings as well as surveying techniques and their execution.
- Site management. Engineers will – over the course of the programme – develop management responsibilities on site including in the provision of training, health and safety and man-management.
Callum joined our graduate training programme after graduating with a degree in applied geology from the Cambourne School of Mining at the University of Exeter. He holds an SMSTS certification qualifying him to manage construction sites. Callum continues to engineer and monitor solutions on major projects – including the demonstration of our Rapid Impact Compaction technology.